Your dog! Who doesn’t love dogs?!
But make sure to keep a few things handy:
- A lint roller (It saves tons of time in photoshop to get your photos back to you quicker and you look great!).
- Hair brush for your pup to groom them between shots.
- Bring a bowl for water and a little food if you’re planning to be out for awhile.
- Treats or a favorite toy to get them to look in the direction you want.
- Make sure you have dog waste bags to clean up after them.
- Bring a friend to help hold your pup when you want to move onto portraits of just you and your fiancé.
- A towel to wipe their feet or dry them off (plan for everything).
- Have a sign hang around their neck with a message or your wedding date
- Place the engagement ring on the top of your pups nose
- Minimalistic dress-up for your dog, bow or bowties bring the look together if you’re also going fancy.
- Flowers around their neck or collar for a romantic vibe.
- Make sure the location for the shoot allows dogs.
- Have your dog groomed before the session.
- Exercise before the session to get out excessive energy so they will sit still for photos.
- Know the personality of your dog and what environments would work best and what would be too distracting for them.
- Limit it to a few images with your dog.
- Be realistic. Your dog is still a dog and no matter how much of a good boy he/she is they aren’t the best with posing and cooperation. So practice your commands before the session.